Thursday, March 8, 2012

Creative brainstorming

In my previous post I outlined textures and colours of my new collection. This time it's about silhouettes.

For "Time nomad" collection (draft title, remember) I'm thinking of loose fitting and "spacey" shapes. My primary inspiration comes from historical costumes between 15-19 century. Mostly cloaks/capes and medieval dresses. I love the idea of those long uneven flying sleeves or the exaggeratedly puffy ones. And what about back of the cloak fluttering behind as the woman walks but not as light and drapy as soft silks but with some kind of queenly grace, ceremonial even? I hope this description is not too confusing ;))) Guess, images should make it easier ;)











Oh, my gosh, the draping toiles is going to be so much fun!!! Can't wait!!!
xoxo SheverDUSHKA

No comments:

Post a Comment